Sunday, August 24, 2008

Prayer of the Heart



Friday was the Queenship of Mary so I brought my camera to take a photo while there was still some afternoon light. One Friday a month my husband and I go to the church to prepare the altar area for Mass. As sacristans, it's a time when we can quietly pray as we work. The prayer isn't as much a verbal prayer, as it is the silent prayer of the heart.


There's a quote of St. Teresa of Avila that I reflect on from time to time: "God does not look so much at the magnitude of anything we do as at the love with which we do it." I look forward to someday meeting the many people who have done great works in the smallest of ways.

4 comments:

Amy Gethins Sullivan said...

What a Beautiful prayer.
I always am helped just a little more each time I visit you. And, that "little" is bigger than you think.
Thank You, Amy

Amy Gethins Sullivan said...

I added this quote to my sidebar~ it is one I need to remember.~Amy~

Joan Sandford-Cook said...

Do I take it that your name is Pen Hallow?? Just have to apologise for sending my comment meant for you to Amy Sullivan's blog. Cant think how it happened. .. so I say again 'thanks for comment on my doorway post and how nice to meet you - loved our connections with grand children, gardening, church interiors/windows and prayers etc. '. Will keep you as a favourite to regularly take a peep and feel uplifted by.

Judybec said...

What a beautiful post. --and so true!