
A dress I hurried to finish for the new grand baby. The bonnet I'll complete sometime this week, but the dress couldn't wait. I want her to have an opportunity to wear it, at least once before she outgrows it.
This is a 50's pattern--one of those twenty-five cent fun finds that my daughter and I came across on a trip to Goodwill. I noticed Simplicity recently reissued this pattern, but it lacked the bunting and sleeping bag nightie that the original included. And I think of all the children's patterns that my grandmother had purchased over the years, and I didn't have the foresight to keep them. Ugh, you just don't think the same in your twenties as you do later in life.
And speaking of retro things, nostalgia kicked in when I happened to catch NECN's interview with Nancy Schon. Someone had recently sent our grandchildren McCloskey's Make Way for Ducklings: a timeless book that is still read in schools today. I just know the grandchildren would love to visit the duck sculptures someday. Who wouldn't!
2 comments:
I remember that story. And, lucky little Granddaughter, :), my Granny & Great Granny used to sew for my sister & I. Those were "hands down", my favorite clothes.
~~~Amy~~~
My grandchildren are wearing some of the dresses my grandmother made for me. It's beautiful to see things passed on to another generation.
Post a Comment