Friday, March 21, 2014
The Spring Playground
There was a certain playfulness to the way the snow was falling last Monday, and the blue snow shovel that was left outside the back door served a dual purpose. These images aren't very precise, but they're still enough for wonderment.
The air temperatures weren't as cold that day as were past storms, so most flakes tumbled down in clumps like children involved in a game of "Pig Pile", or with hands joined together as in "Red Rover." The few that remained singular were reminiscent of the "stands alone" cheese in "The Farmer in the Dell." The whole outdoors had the feel of a children's playground: I wonder if these games are still played anymore in backyards, or on school grounds?
As I glanced through each photo and cropped those that had a few semi-focused flakes, it was almost like studying phytoplankton under a microscope, or it might be the blue gave the impression of the ocean. Oh, if only I had 20x microscopic lenses for eyes, I wouldn't be sadly shaking my head at the weatherman's forecast of snow for Saturday, but instead get my camera ready for the magic that falls from the sky. And who knows, maybe it's time to just give in to it all and commit to a game of Fox and Geese ;)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)







2 comments:
Love the snowflakes. I agree about giving in to the weather -- we don't have much choice. It has improved here but we have been so extreme this year I expect it to get triple digits by Easter!
Triple digits sound swell right about now :) Thankfully Easter's in April rather than March this year--it gives us a fighting chance to be on the warmer side of things:) Enjoy your spring, Boyette!
Post a Comment