Saturday, February 1, 2014

Frost







The cold can certainly be a bit beleaguering at times, but when the calendar reads February, it's reasonable to believe we're about to turn a corner--and hopefully a warmer one.

But the cold can create some beautiful things in the winter--frost being one of them.  The sun's rays were already reaching the car as I searched frantically for my camera in order to capture these formations that transformed the windshield into a jewel-like canvas of fronds, feathers, and other fancies.

It is nothing short of a miracle to behold something so beautiful, and yet so fleeting--and I have to admit, I am envious of God's handiwork.

2 comments:

Boyett-Brinkley said...

Beautiful images! When I was small, in South Texas, we didn't have snow but we would get frost on the windows and I was always fascinated by it -- I would pretend it was snow -- and I loved that none of the patterns were the same. Your photos show a positive side to all this cold weather!8632548

Penhallow Street said...

Hahaha--I don't know how positive I am today :) It's snowing right now and we're to receive 8-14", and then another round on Sunday into Monday. My husband and I will be out there tonight clearing out the driveway--a good form of exercise though. Frost patterns are lovely--it would be something to be able to watch them form. I hope you're feeling better and the cold weather you've been experiencing is behind you!