Monday, July 16, 2012
Seraphim
I created an Iconography and Catholic Imagery board over on Pinterest to mark icons that I may want to try writing sometime in the future. Mosaics are so much about colors with boundaries and line, and they're a valuable source for study. I'm working on this small, or better said "tiny," face study of a seraphim that I came across on this blog.
I'm convinced that only with the guidance of the Holy Spirit could one create such a work. And is this the angel from Isaiah, or Revelation--are the images intended to represent the four evangelists? Hmmm, more digging on my part if I'm to know.
Acrylics are new to me, and I'm really not sure if I will continue with them, but for these minuscule icon studies, the medium has been easier. Oddly enough, it seems to take as much time to complete a smaller work in acrylics as it does a larger in egg tempera. Fall may be a convenient time to begin writing this particular icon, but then it isn't so much about convenience as it is something calls you to begin.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment