Saturday, May 10, 2008

Leap of Faith


After Saint Nicholas' name is added to the icon, it will be completed. Because it was not a true icon board, it lacked a kovcheg. I tried to give the impression of one, though it feels a bit like cheating. Every part of an icon has theological significance. Lacking too were the proper dimensions, so the frame appears a bit scant.

I will try one more icon on claybord and then graduate to a gessoed panel. I have a "true" board that we produced in class, but I want to save that for the Blessed Mother. I'm thinking of writing Saint Michael next, though there will not be as much time to devote to it as in the past.

We've had some recent changes in our life and what appears a roadblock, I have to believe has been put there to redirect us. A leap of faith is required of all of us at different times in our lives. They're never easy, but I try to keep in mind Saint Thomas' prayer: ",...help my unbelief."

2 comments:

Amy Gethins Sullivan said...

The recipe is yummy, try it you'll like it. I love visiting your posts. Thank you for coming to mine. Amy Sullivan

Penhallow Street said...

Hi Amy--my mom has an abundance of rhubarb every year and sends me home with quite a bit. We're both always trying new rhubarb recipes. Thank you for visiting. I enjoy your blog posts. Hope you son is doing better too. Nothing fun about tooth pain.