Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Enlivening Lines


I finished Saint Nicholas' facial features, which also included the last highlights: the enlivening lines. These are the hardest to do because they are meant to be precise. I should know better than to try to paint them after consuming two cups of coffee. It always leads to unsteady hands.

I have decided to order Holy Image, Hallowed Ground before I begin another icon. My class notes are lacking and I believe the book will help to fill in some of those gaps. A few students had brought a camera and a tape recorder to class. Smart thinking. Especially where it's hard to watch the demonstration and jot down notes at the same time. I ended up watching more than jotting. Hmmm, live and learn I guess.

I will start the nimbus and work on the background in the next few days. It's time to move on and think about another icon. Saint Nicholas has been very patient.

No comments: