
The grandchildren came to visit this past weekend so I pulled out the crayons. They have such an enthusiasm when it comes time to doing anything "art" that I couldn't help but join them .
These humble materials, manila paper and crayons, are just plain fun! Not to be outdone by my grandchildren, I set to work drawing the large pines that are near our house. It took me back to grade school: at the end of a school day, the teacher would let us pull out our crayons.
I did a little googling later that evening to see if there were any crayon artists. I came across a number of people who work with crayons and one who stands out is Tiona Marco. After seeing her drawings, I have a whole new respect for crayons.
Yes, I look forward to coloring away with my new classmates when they come to visit again. Only next time, I think we'll upgrade and go with the set of 64.

2 comments:
Well, thank you for visiting my blog. I am so happy you did. I have enjoyed looking at your art, it is somewhat timely as I am about to start a painting of St. Frances.I have painting Mother Mary and angels, But this will be my first St. I am very excited and have been thinking about what I want it to look like.
The thing to remember about pastels, is that they are made w/ the pigments that oils are made w/.
Only they have very little binder added. so they are pure.
So a completely covered piece, where there is no paper showing thru , is considered a painting.
i think you will enjoy pastels once you get into them. amy
Thank you Amy for the kind words and encouragement. I think I have to play more with the pastels than worry about the end result. I enjoy your portraits--they have a very impressionistic feel.
I look forward to seeing your Saint painting. It seems the saints pick us, even though we think we might pick them : ) Sounds as if you've been called, enjoy!
Post a Comment