Friday, January 12, 2018

The 3 R's



New Year's Challenges.

Repair:

A rosary that has been 8+ years waiting in the repair department.  It's sat on the shelf for so long,  I'm blind to it when I happen upon it.  Fixing anything is usually a four, five, or six step process,  so procrastination becomes my default.  A new year and there are many things--big and small--that need to be repaired.  Repairs are now listed in a daily planner.

Resume:

Numerous projects that were started over the years, and then shelved for one reason or another, need to be tackled with a deadline date in mind--or it's on to the last "R." 

Reduce:

I need to be practical.  At 60+ years of age, do I really have the time,  or inclination to tackle hobbies or interests that were once enjoyable: ones that served a purpose then, but not so much anymore.  I'm filling up a box to take to the second-hand shop with "hobby" things and craft books that others may find useful

Fingers crossed that the three R's will allow me an hour, or two at the end of the day to devote to drawing, painting, embroidery or reading.  Time will tell.   

 




2 comments:

Boyett-Brinkley said...

I am with you on the hobbies that no longer hold interest. My goal in this new year is to see if I can re-ignite and interest in them and, if not, pass on my stash (rather large!) to people who can use it better than me. I am constantly declutterings and re-evaluating and trying to stay current.

Penhallow Street said...

I'm with you, Melissa. Re-evaluating regularly is a good idea. I keep saying I'll use this, or these, someday, but as years--and years ; )--go by, I know I'll never get around to finishing things I started 20+ years ago. When fabric stores had a sale on patterns (5 for $5) I'd purchase them, but now I've a box load and seldom sew clothing anymore, so it's best they go to someone else. It will leave more time to concentrate on the few things that really hold my interest now. Winter's a good time--where you have to be indoors many days--to sort through things. I need a lot of cold days ahead to get to everything :)