
Today is The Baptism of Our Lord--the Christmas Season has now officially ended. But I have yet to put away our manger and pack away the Christmas lights. It's just wanting it all to linger a little longer, yet there's always something exciting about the start of a new year: new beginnings, new challenges.
Nothing stirs the heart more than the start of a new day, and a new dawn.
There was a quick stop for a warm drink at a local coffee shop after Mass--wish I could learn how to craft the design on the top.
This afternoon, there's dolls to work on: one for our grandchild's birthday this month, and the other for another little grandchild that is due on St. Valentine's Day--this will be an easy birth date to recall. As always, we are grateful for the blessings of grandchildren--God is good!
There's the never-ending list of books I'd like to work through over 2016. Lotta Jansdotter's will be a quick read. I'm contemplating making some garments from her patterns that are included in her book, especially the Esme tunic: a versatile and uncomplicated piece.
Santa had an inkling I'd enjoy Mary Berry's autobiography, and he was right, I just need to sit down and start reading. The Great British Bake Off is top-notch in my book. It's refreshing to see a group of contestants that support and respect each other's efforts and talents. The judges, Paul Hollywood and Mary Berry, are fair and bring a bit of humor to the show.
And this year, I signed up for a drawing course over at Craftsy --it's a wonderful diversion, and after the holidays, it's a welcome pick-me-up. The instructor offered valuable advice and encouragement after I posted a work in progress. I look forward to more classes--and such an abundance of them too! An online class fits in perfectly with life right now. There's no fear of having to attend a class at a time that isn't convenient--and if, and when it's convenient, I put time into the class. It's such a great way to learn new things. I'm keeping my fingers crossed I can sign up for a few more classes after I complete this one.
And that's the start of a new year. It may be that when all is said and done, it will take most of 2016 to complete the list of ideas, because it's always lengthening. Whatever is accomplished will be something.
2016--I look forward to all you may offer!




2 comments:
Hi, Bonnie! I am anxious to hear how your art course progresses. I am not sure you need it -- your art still blows me away -- but I am sure you will really enjoy it. Can't wait to see your work.
Hi Melissa--thank you for the kind words. I'm hoping the classes will help improve my drawing skills, and then there's other mediums after that which are interesting--the watercolor portrait class especially.
I've been looking at their sewing, embroidery, and baking classes--I wish there was enough time to sign up for some of those right now, but I'm being realistic--one class at a time. Craftsy has a brief video for each course that gives an overview about the class and the instructor.
Hope your move for MIL is most over :)
Bonnie
Post a Comment