Tuesday, December 8, 2015

Advent Season




I've passed by this entry way many times, but never took note of the doorknocker.  I hesitated before snapping the photo, as I half-expected it to morph into Jacob Marley.

I can't ever imagine anyone eclipsing George C. Scott's performance of Scrooge--I feel the same way about David Suchet, as Poirot; and Jeremy Brett as Sherlock Holmes.  They may well be replaced someday, but for me, George C. Scott is Scrooge through and through.  

So reading A Christmas Carol evenings as well as putting in some time on handmade Christmas gifts. And hopefully I'll catch A Christmas Carol on TV this week while I work on some hand-sewing.  





2 comments:

Boyett-Brinkley said...

Another thing in common -- appreciating really great male actors. I agree, nobody else could do those parts nearly so well. Might need to watch A Christmas Carol!

Penhallow Street said...



A Christmas Carol airs this Wednesday 10 EST--ugh, I'm ready for bed at 9 :( I might have to be content with just the book!