Sunday, October 11, 2015

Prayer





It's easier to pick up needle and thread right now, rather than pigments and brush.   These are just a few little pieces that I've been working on from time to time.   The third angel has yet to be embroidered, but I've added watercolor to the base fabric and will build on it from there.

October is the month of the Archangels, Guardian Angels--and my favorite: Feast of Our Lady of the Rosary. There's peace to be found in prayer--and who doesn't need peace anytime throughout one's day.  

My grandchildren say the Guardian Angel Prayer each night at bedtime.   Their example prompted me to include it in my prayers: each morning before I rise, and each evening before I fall asleep. 

Angel of God, 
my guardian dear, 
To whom God's love Commits me here, 
Ever this day (night) be at my side, 
To light and guard, 
To rule and guide. 

Amen

3 comments:

Boyett-Brinkley said...

Prayer -- couldn't live without it! The Guardian Angel Prayer is one of my favorites -- that is how they close the school day at Bean's school. I find great peace in it.

Boyett-Brinkley said...

Beautiful embroidery, by the way!

Penhallow Street said...

What a great way to end her school day--and what a comfort that will be throughout her life! I wish I had known it long before now.

And thank you Melissa, about the embroidery. I'm enjoying working with the paint and thread combo. Sometime I'll get back to painting, but this is a better alternative for now.

Blessings
Bonnie