Saturday, May 16, 2015
Work Progresses
Work is ever so slow on this icon.
My one love was working with the gold-type thread that has a mosaic-like look to it. It's not real gold thread, but I'm pleased all the same.
I'm thinking of incorporating some beads to outline the halos: red and white, or blue and white. Time will tell.
I'm diffident about painting the background, so it might instead be embroidering crosses of various sizes and shapes. I'm inspired by images of the Hill of Crosses in Lithuania.
I was hoping to sew this as standard, yet that will mean a lot more work around the edges. Pausing and wincing: just not sure. There are times when you let your heart and hands guide you, rather than your mind :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


4 comments:
Your embroidery and painting is so delicate, such a beautiful image. Thank you for the link to the hill of crosses.I have never seen it before and it certainly took my breath away.What an amazing symbol of hope above all the suffering. Fliss.
Thank you for the kind words, Felicity.
The images of the crosses are beautiful and hopeful. Glad you enjoyed them :)
Bonnie
This is gorgeous. The concept of incorporating embroidery on the painting is brilliant -- such richness and depth. Can't wait to see it as it progresses -- just beautiful!
Thank you, Melissa. The painting saves covering much of the area, otherwise it be split stitches for the faces. It's fun to spend the time embellishing here and there with embroidery.
Post a Comment