Saturday, February 14, 2015

Saint Valentine




Red is an inviting color when everything around us is a reminder of winter: white, white, and more white.  Sumac doesn't go unnoticed when there are so few vibrant colors to be found in nature these long winter months.  Even with snow on it, sumac appears cheerful.

I was a little pressed for time this St. Valentine's Day,  so it wasn't homemade candies for the grandchildren, but a box from a local candy makers.  The homemade cards were a little rushed, and not as involved as I had originally planned, but they were made with love all the same. 

The Lamont's latest exhibition, Open House: A Portrait of Collecting, offered an abundance of red objects; and the mostly-red postcard that announced the exhibit was a welcome sight in our mailbox. I think we spent more time at the gallery studying this show than any other.  And "Is This Your Mother?" collection is a fascinating read!  I have to confess, I'm holding onto photos from my grandmother's collection even though I suspect many are not of family.  Still I feel as if I'm the guardian for any and all photos--relatives, or not ;) 

Happy St. Valentine's Day!

2 comments:

Boyett-Brinkley said...

Happy Valentine's Day, Bonnie!

Penhallow Street said...

Thank you, Melissa. Hope you had a pleasant Valentine's Day :)