Sunday, January 18, 2015

Bird Feeder


Just a quick little sketch of the birds that stop by our feeder.

Hawks have a habit of visiting those that are frequenting the feeder, so the birds take to the quince tree to consume their seeds.  Any hawk that would hope for a meal would find it much like trying to pluck something from a game of pick-up sticks.  Easier meals elsewhere maybe.  

Doing dishes isn't such a bad thing when you can look out your window and watch the birds!


2 comments:

Boyett-Brinkley said...

Love the sketch! We have a couple of bird feeders as well and I love watching the birds. We have hawks, too, and I really don't like them. They sit on the fence ready to pounce and, honestly, they scare me! Around our house they have been known to steal small puppies and kitties. Nasty things they are.

Penhallow Street said...

It is entertaining to watch the birds, isn't it and the only cost is the bird seed.

Oh dear, your hawks must be quite a bit larger than ours by the sounds. I know they have to eat too, but someone else's feeder please :)