Wednesday, June 25, 2014

To a Wild Rose




It's the wild roses that grab my attention more than any of the others, so I used them as a basis for a little embroidered piece of The Immaculate Heart of Mary.  Both the Sacred Heart and Immaculate Hearts are remembered with devotion this month.

My piece is very homespun I'm sorry to say, but I'll work on filling in the heart now, and then go back to add details to the roses, lilies, leaves and the sword.  

And in the meantime I'm sitting within fragrance's reach of the wild rambling and rugosa roses that occupy containers around the house--and  my straying and less than perfect stitches feel right at home with their roaming ways.  


6 comments:

Boyett-Brinkley said...

I think your embroidery piece is just lovely! I look forward to seeing the progression of it -- maybe I will be inspired to get started on the tea towels I have been wanting to do. The roses are just lovely as well -- I can just imagine the scent! Have a blessed day!

Penhallow Street said...

Thank you, Boyette! Maybe we can inspire one another:) I should start a calendar book like yours to have end goals in mind--it's too easy to procrastinate with sewing projects. Your flower garden is coming along nicely too! Looking forward to see more pictures of it throughout the summer season. Have a wonderful fourth of July!

Boyett-Brinkley said...

I hope you had a good fourth! The calendar is working well and, unfortunately, filling up quickly! I am so loving these lazy summer days. I have been working on a baby quilt but looking so forward to working on some tea towels that I want to embroider -- maybe this afternoon I can get started on that. Photos to follow -- hopefully!

Anonymous said...

Such beautiful work! You have a lovely BlogSpot!

RETA@ http://evenhaazer.blogspot.com

Penhallow Street said...

Yes, thank you Boyett, it was a perfect Fourth of July. Our children and grandchildren were visiting so that makes anytime perfect:)

Oh, a baby quilt is a treasure! I still have the one my grandmother made for me. I'll have to pop over to your blog to see if you have photos(just catching up with my blog reading list now).

And glad to hear the calendar is working well--sure there's a sense of accomplishment once you see things being completed.

Penhallow Street said...

Thank you RETA