Sunday, November 10, 2013
A cup of tea
As much as I would love to change the pace of the world, it just isn't going to happen. About the only thing under my control, and even then it's limited, is adjusting what happens within the home.
Normally I'd opt for microwaving a cup of water and throwing in a tea bag, and yet today, Sunday a day when everything should be more relaxed, I nixed the idea of something so hurried and put on the tea kettle. And then there's the waiting for the tea to steep--you can't speed it up. It will be ready when it's ready--it means waiting patiently versus a quick cuppa from the microwave.
Embroidery can't be rushed, tea can't be rushed, time can't be rushed. It's Sunday; a day when I can't make the world stand still, but I can bask in the environs of home.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment