Wednesday, January 12, 2011
Trinity
We began and ended our visit to the Russian Icon Museum with Andrei Rublev's The Holy Trinity. Though this particular image was written by someone other than Rublev, it still impresses upon the soul the mystery of the Most Holy Trinity. Rollins gives a beautiful explanation of this image. These pictures are just a few that we took of this icon, but if you're ever near Clinton, Massachusetts, take some time to see the Treasures from Moscow exhibit.
I find I'm too tired, for whatever reason, at the end of the evening to draw or paint, but I have made myself pick up a pen and sketch for at least 5 minutes--usually it will go on longer, but the trick is telling myself "only" five. Most evenings I can study hands that are busy with the remote, holding a bowl of ice cream, turning pages in a book, knitting, sewing, or writing. It's a good "gesture" exercise. There are no such things as idle hands.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






No comments:
Post a Comment