Thursday, June 17, 2010

In Paradisum


My husband had given me a sacred music CD to listen to as I worked on my icon studies: one of the pieces was Faure's In Paradisum.  The mystery and beauty of this piece has me hitting the replay button many, many times. 

2 comments:

YoungAmericanCatholic said...

I love the pictures you include on your blog. The pictures of your garden are beautiful, and the religious images are very effective in such a simple and streamlined blog. I've always thought art should be a larger part of religious education because of it's power to inspire and communicate.

I've recently started a blog you might be interested in considering your content. http://youngamericancatholic.blogspot.com

I'd love to hear your opinion of some of the things I write

Penhallow Street said...

Thank you for the kind words and for visiting the blog. Our faith can bring such beauty and truth to all subject areas. Blessings on the start of your new blog! I look forward to reading it.