
Dandelions. The perfect flower for fashioning into a crown. And during the grand children's visit, that's just what we did. A few violets for color and the coronation could begin. No matter how rudimentary the crown, when placed on children's heads they immediately don an aura of mystery and majesty.
As I watched the young girls in the parish go up to receive their First Communion, I couldn't help but notice their headpiece and veil. They had that same mystery and majesty about them as my grandchildren did when wearing their crowns.
My prayer at that moment--that their love for Christ increase each time they receive him.
4 comments:
That is a lovely journal page!
Thank you Conni. I just wished my garden flowers were as numerous as these little guys who have taken over our lawn : )
Dandelions have their own beauty, though. And you can add the young leaves to your salad!
Thanks for your kind comment on my blog.
My grandmother used to cook them with salt pork, but I never thought to try them in a salad. Thanks, Conni!
Post a Comment