Sunday, October 19, 2008

A Visit


The grandchildren came by on Saturday so out came the construction paper, glue, and crayons. Though they are quite young, they have a very purposeful approach to their artwork, which is fascinating to watch. Every mark, every glued on piece of paper, every sticker that is applied has significance, nothing is random.

And what to do with all the extra leaves that didn't get decorated. Well our door was a good place for them to land. Yes, even some of the ones they had collected outdoors were taped on too.

3 comments:

Laurel Neustadter said...

Very pretty leaves! Thanks for the tip on Charles Bargue's Drawing Course. Where did you purchase the book? I looked on Amazon, but it is very expensive there. I was just wondering if you know an alternate source.

Penhallow Street said...

Hi Laurel, Amazon's the best price--75 no shipping--than the Dashesh Museum--95+shipping. I haven't found the book for any less. After reading about the drawing course and Atelier studies, I did an inter-library loan so I could see the book. It doesn't dissapoint, and for me, it is helpful for learning more about light, shadow, and form. I only have the book for another week, so I'm hoping maybe a combo Christmas, birthday, Valentine's Day gift ; ) If you have any atelier classes in your area, they may have a book that you could look through. Your local library may be able to locate a copy for you. Will be visiting often to see your 100 heads. Wonderful work!

Laurel Neustadter said...

Thanks for the info!