Saturday, September 13, 2008

Elijah Fed by the Ravens



I found the icon I wanted to draw after reading these words from the Liturgy of the Hours:

"He shall dwell on the heights, his stronghold shall be the rocky fastness, his food and drink in steady supply."

I wonder if Elijah had moments of doubt when he was told that ravens would provide. When there are times that I'm not listening, something presents itself that reminds me of His love and faithfulness.

2 comments:

ABOUT THE ARTIST: DAVID MYERS said...

I love your sketches and especially enjoyed the archangel you drew in a more recent post. Thank you for your comments on my blog. I noticed that you pray the liturgy of the hours, and assume that you are Catholic. May God continue to bless your work, and thank you again -

Penhallow Street said...

Hi David--thank you for the kind words about my sketches. I enjoy your artwork and blog, I'm especially taken with your montage of the Saints. You truly captured St. Therese and St. Maximilian Kolbe--two of my favorite saints. My husband gave me the liturgy of the hours as a Christmas gift after I converted to the faith twelve years ago. It is a blessing to be able to pray the hours along with the Church. I look forward to seeing more of your work. Blessings on all your endeavors.